If you’re recently engaged, you might have come to a disheartening realization: you’re about to plan a wedding and weddings are EXPEN$IVE. Well, my engaged friend, you’re in luck. In an effort to connect with more engaged couples, I recently launched a contest, the winner of which will receive a 100% FREE Engagement Shoot with me, in Toronto. That means that, just by entering, you and your bride-or-groom-to-be could skip the cost of at least one expense on your list and that’s awesome!
Absolutely no purchase is necessary and while I’d love for the winner to consider book me for their wedding photos as well, there’s certainly no obligation whatsoever to make any purchases before or after the shoot. This post will fill you in on everything you need to know about entering this contest. So here goes:
1. What is the prize? The prize is a totally free 1-hour engagement photo shoot in Toronto with me, Ben Lariviere. I will treat your shoot just like I would any other engagement shoot. We’ll work together to find a date and location that works best and I’ll guide you through a fun and relaxed experience where you just get to laugh and cuddle with the love of your life. Within a few weeks of the shoot, you’ll receive an invitation to view your temporary, online photo gallery, which displays 50 of the best photos from your shoot. (Prize value is $275.00 + tax and fees.) You can share this gallery with family friends and with the PIN I’ll send you, you will have the ability to download your photos in web and print-size. You will have the right to use these photos for personal use, including making prints. You’ll also have the option to order prints through your gallery (prints and shipping cost extra) Signing a standard photo shoot contract, for our mutual protection, will be required to claim the prize, to establish copyright and model & print releases.
2. How do I enter? Great question – it’s easy! Fill out the form at the bottom of this post to get 1 entry into the contest. You’ll need to confirm that you’re over the age of 18, sign into Facebook to confirm your identity, fill in your name and email address (to be used to contact you if you’ve won). Then, once you confirm that you’re engaged, you’ll be asked to tell me your love story – describe your fiancé(e) and how the proposal went down. Give me all of those romantic details! The contest runs from February 16th, 2018 until March 2nd, 2018. The winner will be selected by random draw.
3. How can I increase my chances of winning? I’m glad you asked! You can increase your chances of winning by entering once per day of the contest. So, just by entering once per day, you’ll already have 15 entries! If you want even more chances to win, you’ll receive a unique link after you’ve entered – share that link with your engaged family and friends – anyone who clicks on your link and enters will earn you 10 ADDITIONAL ENTRIES into the contest. That’s 10 extra entries PER PERSON who you refer. Pro Tip: Get your fiancé(e) to click your link and also enter to get 11 additional entries.
4. How will I know if I win? The contest ends on March 2nd. Shortly after the contest is closed, I’ll select a winner by random draw. If your name is drawn, I’ll send you an email to let you know that you’ve won and what the next steps are. You’ll be required to claim your prize by responding to the email, with the answer to a skill-testing question within 48 hours. If there is no response within the 48-hour window, a new winner will be drawn. Once the prize is claimed, the winner’s name will be announced.
5. I don’t live near Toronto. Can I still enter? The prize is an engagement shoot in Toronto, so if you’re unable to travel to Toronto for the date of the shoot, I recommend passing this contest along to your engaged family and friends in the Toronto area. Unfortunately I can’t travel for the purposes of this prize shoot, so if you’re unable to come to Toronto to claim your shoot, please don’t take the chance away from others who would love to win.
6. I’m not engaged. Can I still enter? This contest is intended for engaged individuals, however, I don’t want to leave anyone out. So here’s the deal: you can enter even if you’re not engaged, and if you win, you will be able to transfer your prize to an engaged couple of your choice OR you can claim the prize for yourself and enjoy a fun photo shoot with a special person in your life – maybe they’re your romantic partner, best friend or family member – keep in mind that only 2 individuals are to be included in the claimed photo shoot. I may run a similar contest in the future for a family shoot giveaway, so if that’s what you’re looking for, pass this contest along to your engaged family and friends this time and stay tuned for a future contest.
7. I already booked a wedding package with Ben Lariviere Photography that includes an engagement shoot. Can I still enter? Yes, but since you’re already booked for an engagement shoot, an alternate prize of the same or lesser value may be claimed instead, as agreed upon by the winner and Ben Lariviere.
8. Are there any potential costs involved in claiming the prize? The photo shoot and photo gallery is completely free of cost. If I’m available to travel to a location of your choice outside of Toronto for your shoot, a travel fee may apply. If the location you choose for the photo shoot requires a photo permit, acquiring the permit will be your sole responsibility. If you choose to order prints from your photo shoot through your online gallery, you will pay regular price for prints, but you’ll also have the option to print elsewhere with your high-resolution files.
Any other questions? Send me a message: email@example.com